Friday, August 8, 2008

Pre-Season HIT


Yesterday at practice, Steelers safety Anthony Smith delivered a hard blow to Ward who was slow to get up after he hit the ground. This wasn't the first time that Ward has been upset with Smith over hard hits. Last year at camp Ward was anything but happy about Smith plowing over wide receiver Willie Reid and again at one of last week's practice, Reid was the target of one of Smith's blows. However, this WAS the first time that Ward was on the receiving end of one of Smith's hits!

When asked about it, the permanent smile typically on Ward's face was no where to be found.


"There's not much to say ... he hit me," Ward said. "You saw what happened.
You guys saw it. There's really nothing for me to say."

"I'm not going to comment about it," Ward said. "I've been hit before."

"I normally don't get hit like that during the preseason till preseason games," Ward said. "It is what it is. I'm not going to harp about it."

And they say Sidney Crosby whines!

Unnecessary Roughness? Maybe. Hines Ward's gripe legitimate? Perhaps. But let's just keep it on the field and out of the media and everyone's view.

No comments: