Sunday, July 27, 2008

DECISIONS, Decisions!

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette features a "TRAINING CAMP 2008" insert in their paper today.

There are alot of uncertainties going into this year's camp and there will be alot of players competing for roster spots.

"There will be a lot of issues, and that is what training camp is about. I think one of the things that I am always conscious about is that I never try to tell a story; I always try to let the story unfold and call it as I see it. That is what I intend to do this year as well."

PPG goes over the competition for positions the team will need to address and players will need to at training camp:

  • INSIDE LINEBACKER: Larry Foote OR Lawrence Timmons
  • CENTER: Justin Hartwig OR Sean Mahan
  • LEFT GUARD: Chris Kemoeatu (replacing Alan Faneca; no competition?)
  • OFFENSIVE RIGHT TACKLE: Willie Colon OR Max Starks
  • RIGHT CORNERBACK: Deshea Townsend OR Bryant McFadden
  • FREE SAFETY: Ryan Clark OR Anthony Smith
  • RUNNING BACK: Willie Parker AND Rashard Mendenhall (a new Bettis / Parker duo)
"The growth of his role will be determined on his ability to execute from an assignment standpoint," Tomlin said. "I don't have a crystal ball, and we will let that play out. He's got a nice, humble mentality about him, so I won't be shocked if he does some nice things for us."
  • PUNT RETURNER: Santonia Holmes OR Rashard Mendenhall OR Mewelde Moore OR Willie Reid OR Jeremy Bloom
  • THIRD-DOWN BACK: Mewelde Moore (replaces Najeh Davenport / Carey Davis)
  • NO. 3 QUARTERBACK: Dennis Dixon (replaces Brian St. Pierre)

This should turn out to be an interesting training camp. I can't wait to see how it turns out on the field!!

No comments: